If you’ve been thinking about having a complete smile makeover, ‘instant orthodontics’ could be exactly what you’ve been looking for. If you remain uncomfortable with crooked, discolored, or misshaped teeth and would love to transform those imperfections into a dazzling white smile, then you’ll be interested in learning more about ‘instant orthodontics’ and how it can transform your teeth, as well as your self-confidence!
What Is ‘Instant Orthodontics’?
Instant Orthodontics involves aesthetic-producing dental procedures that use porcelain veneers, or porcelain crowns, to dramatically improve and enhance the appearance of one’s, otherwise, bothersome teeth.
Instant Orthodontics is intended to produce stunning results for individuals whose teeth are gapped, crooked, unevenly sized, misshaped, or chipped.Consult Your Dentist: First, and foremost, you will need to discuss your desired outcome with your dentist who would, also, make sure you are a valid candidate for either veneers or crowns.
Extremely thin pieces of porcelain, called ‘veneers’, are bonded onto the front surfaces of one’s teeth. The permanent veneers are absolutely natural in appearance; and can be customized to match the appearance of the rest of one’s teeth. The veneers are, also, stain resistant and impressively durable; and with committed, healthy hygiene habits, will last many years.
Veneers address an array of unwanted tooth issues including gaps (which would be filled), crookedness and uneven sizes (which would be corrected), stubborn stains (which would be eliminated), and chips (which would be covered).Veneers-The
Typically, four steps are taken to ensure the success of the veneer option:
1. A consultation session with your dentist is required to discuss eligibility, procedures and timelines.
2. Teeth will be shaped to accommodate the veneers; and a tooth mold will be taken to ensure a custom fit. The size, shape, contour and color scheme of each porcelain veneer is taken into consideration.
3. Veneers will be bonded to your teeth using a special adhesive that responds to a highly concentrated light which cures the bonding material.
4. A final consultation will take place with your dentist to make sure proper bonding has occurred.
Typically, these four procedures take place over the course of a month.
At times, porcelain crowns, called ‘caps’, are used, instead of veneers. Crowns differ, somewhat, from veneers in that they are fitted over the entire tooth, and actually restore the tooth’s shape. Crowns match the color of the original teeth; and unlike traditional metal crowns, porcelain crowns don’t transmit heat or cold, thereby, eliminating sensitivity issues. Crowns are extremely durable and, if taken care of properly, will last for many years. Crowns are designed to restore one or two teeth at a time.
Damaged teeth, that would be better served by crowns instead of veneers, would include: large areas of decay (that would be replenished), weakening or cracking (that would be strengthened), damaged fillings or chipping (that would be repaired), discoloration or misshaped (that would be covered).
Crowns do not take long; and after discussing your request with your dentist, 2 dental visits will complete the necessary steps:
1. A consultation with your dentist is required to determine eligibility and procedures.
2. The tooth is reshaped; and an impression of the tooth is made to ensure the crown’s correct size and shape.
3. The crown is put in place with the use of a special dental cement.
Transforming one’s teeth can result in a million-dollar smile that looks natural for many years to come. In addition, the actual function of one’s teeth is improved to provide correct tension with one’s bite. Instant Orthodontics is a beautiful blend of art and science!